Register for Our Webinar!
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
On June 21, 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court issued its opinion in South Dakota v. Wayfair, a landmark sales and use tax nexus case that will have implications for many multistate businesses. With this ruling, a state can now require an out-of-state seller to collect sales tax on sales to customers in that state if it has a sufficient level of sales or transactions into the state (economic nexus), i.e., even though the remote seller lacks an in-state physical presence.
Join our webinar, Sales and Use Tax Collection Responsibilities – Post Wayfair Decision, and learn about the impacts this ruling will have on your business. By attending this webinar you’ll learn:
- What the Wayfair decision means to your business
- An overview of the new sales and use tax collection responsibilities
- How states are interpreting the Wayfair decision
- The impact on sellers that utilize “marketplace facilitators” such as Amazon and eBay
- Seller’s use tax reporting and notification requirements
- Potential congressional intervention
- Financial statement impact for noncompliance
- How your business should approach compliance
Presenters: Tony Switajewski, CPA, MST and Kyle Tanguay, CPA, MST
This webinar is eligible for one hour of CPE credit in the tax field of study.